Companies today are challenged to find more innovative ways to reduce operational costs and working capital investments, while also driving customer service, revenue and growth.
DGS Network Design & Optimisation consulting solution leverage supply chain management best practices, enabling companies to transform their supply chain structure and policies for optimal performance. We design lean and highly optimised distribution network from the scratch. We also audit and optimise existing distribution networks.
With DGS consulting service, companies can drive supply chain performance by using a wide range of our technologies to evaluate their complex businesses and economic trade-offs among site locations, in-house versus outsourced manufacturing facilities, transportation and sustainability. Companies can also analyse total landed cost by product, demand locations and time period for even greater supply chain optimisation.
Some of what we do in designing and optimising a distribution Network are:
· Model the entire supply chain from raw materials to finished products and delivery
· Improve strategic and tactical decision making with visibility into network layout, sourcing and capacity
· Compare the relative value of scenarios from either a cost and/or profit perspective
· Plan for uncertainties with what-if scenario generation and analysis
At DGS, we use Paragon, Supply Chain Guru and other multiple time period modelling tools that encompass network design, inventory optimisation and simulation. The choice depends on size of organisation and distribution network. These intelligent tools help our decision-making process in terms of:
· site selection and location for manufacturing and distribution facilities
· which suppliers to use
· transport modes
· inventory location and
· customer serving methods
The intelligent tools also assist with providing detailed reports on sites, flows and costs. The powerful map-based graphics within these tools provides a clear understanding of clients’ logistics network.