GS1 standards are the most globally used supply chain standards with over 24,000+ members using them in the UK, and many more across Europe and Asia. Standards play a part in everything: from scanning groceries at the supermarket or buying a new CD from a website, to locating equipment in a hospital quickly enough to save a life.
At DGS, we know the importance of having an efficient and smooth running supply chain so we partner with GS1 UK to offer impartial advice and consultancy on how you can use standards to improve your processes, save you money and improve your services.
To increase supply chain efficiency, the flow of goods and information can be automated by using GS1 standards with:
· Identification numbers
· Bar codes
· Radio Frequency Identification (EPCglobal)
· Electronic data interchange (eCom)
· Global Data Synchronisation Network ( GDSN )
DGS provides products, services and solutions that support the use of GS1 global supply chain standards for:
· Bar Codes
· eCom and EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
· EPCglobal and RFID (Radio Frequency Identification)
· GDS (Global Data Synchronisation)